Recording playback audio issues RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone else having issues with the recording playback in Skype for Business 2016?  the recording feature does not work unless you are in the full audio/video mode when you sign in.  Since we can't use that option with a large group due to the feedback/echo issue, recording in a group setting is not an option (i.e. you have a student absent and you want to record your presentation).  Also, if students can't use that full option, their voices are not captured during the recording either unless they are sitting next to your computer and your speakers pick it up (i.e. a student is dialed in on the phone and asks a question...they will not be captured on the recording).  
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Gail,

Yes ,all the Participant need the full audio/video,if I record a video meeting , but the users just have the audio device ,this user only be recorded the audio.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:11 AM
  • Thank you Leon.  I just want to make sure I understand your answer.  As an instructor, I am sharing my desktop with my students.  Typically they are all dialed in and watching my screen..sometimes we pass the presenter to the students. 

My question is: if a student asks a question while a meeting is being recorded...we have found that the user had to have selected full audio/video in order for the audio of that student's question to come through the recording.  Is that indeed true? 

Someone else said, if they have Skype call them...that would resolve the issue and we would be able to hear that student within the recording.....but in that case if a student had Skype call them....the meeting is being recorded, and now that student is made presenter to demonstrate something they just learned, will their audio and video be captured?  

I've not been able to find an answer to that question anywhere.

Thank you.

Gail Russell

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:15 PM