none
Please help me reactivate my server

Question

• Windows Server 2003

I have called the Activate Windows by phone 0800 018 8354

They informed me that my product key is valid, but they are unable to help me and I should go to answers.microsoft.com and click Ask a Question.

The reply to my  question directed me to ask the question here in this forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_install/please-help-me-reactivate-my-server/35366228-dad4-4931-a1a3-a1dec2571ba7?tm=1530697260617

Please can you help me reactivate this server?

I really think this should be dealt with over the phone rather than posting in forums to be honest, but this is what I have been told to do...

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 11:41 AM

All replies

• You are correct.  There is nothing a forum can do to activate a server. Microsoft's activation center is the only place you can go to get your problem resolved.

If the person you ware talking with is unable to assist, ask for their supervisor.  Keep asking for the next level up until you get resolution.

Here is a list of the activation centers.  Call your 'local' number. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

tim

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 12:42 PM
  • Maybe you can activate your Server using the following command / script in the console:

slmgr /ipk {product-key}

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 12:48 PM
  • I'd also confirm the install media aligns with the key (i.e. if an OEM key then OEM distribution media would need to be used, likely on the OEM hardware)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 1:04 PM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:45 AM