How do I get the GAL in OWA to show up in my Outlook 2007 contacts list? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get the GAL in OWA to show up in my Outlook 2007 contacts list?
    Is there a directory server address I can use to set up a new address book?
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• You have to copy them to your local contacts. Open up the GAL, select the accounts you want and right click, then select the option 'Add to Contacts'.

Thanks,

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS

Senior Microsoft Consultant

Planet Technologies, Inc.

Check out My Blog!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:50 PM

All replies

• You have to copy them to your local contacts. Open up the GAL, select the accounts you want and right click, then select the option 'Add to Contacts'.

Thanks,

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS

Senior Microsoft Consultant

Planet Technologies, Inc.

Check out My Blog!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:50 PM
  • that was the only way I could find.
    Scott Banks
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:18 PM
  • FYI, the Outlook 2007 Contacts list is striclty for personal contacts and does not automatically sync with the GAL.  If you want the contacts in the GAL to be listed there, you have to copy them manually, as Jorge has indicated, or export them (however you choose) and upload to SharePoint. 

If only required for a single mailbox, copying is the quickest method.  If needed for multiple mailboxes (and especially if you already have SharePoint as part of the BPOS suite), then I highly recommend using a Contact Library in SharePoint Online.

If it wasn't difficult, it wouldn't be fun, but why's it got to be this much fun.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:56 AM
  • There are also other alternatives that can automate this process.  Best Practices to Sync the GAL to Windows Phone, iPhone or Android
    Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:25 AM