How to stop ticket generation for out of office emails in SCSM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• How we can stop from raising tickets for 'OOW' emails ?
    Monday, July 31, 2017 3:18 PM

Answers

• That's not the only way. I'm trying to find out how we're doing it and I'll get back to you. All "Automatic Reply" emails are ignored by our connector. We have no exchange rules to move/delete them either. They're in our mailbox and automatically ignored by our connector. Obviously this doesn't help you since I don't have the answer yet. I believe i had to create a custom MP for this, but its been so long I'll have to dig it up. 

But i did want to let you know an exchange side rule to move/delete them isn't the only way. 

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Hi

Yes, STL_Dude is correct. The Exchange Connector will by default ignore some(possibly most) of the Automatic Out of Office replies. But some do get through and the easiest way to stop the ones that do get through is via a mailbox rule.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

The only way is to create rules in the monitored mailbox for these emails. Create a rule to move them to a sub folder of the inbox and they will not be processed by the Exchange Connector.

I would have someone in the that team check the sub folder occasionally to see that there were no false positives. I would try and be as narrow as you can on the rule(s) for this reason.

Regards

Glen 

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:10 PM
  • That's not the only way. I'm trying to find out how we're doing it and I'll get back to you. All "Automatic Reply" emails are ignored by our connector. We have no exchange rules to move/delete them either. They're in our mailbox and automatically ignored by our connector. Obviously this doesn't help you since I don't have the answer yet. I believe i had to create a custom MP for this, but its been so long I'll have to dig it up. 

But i did want to let you know an exchange side rule to move/delete them isn't the only way. 

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Hi

Yes, STL_Dude is correct. The Exchange Connector will by default ignore some(possibly most) of the Automatic Out of Office replies. But some do get through and the easiest way to stop the ones that do get through is via a mailbox rule.

Regards

Glen

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:12 PM
  • The Standard Out-of-Office Mails are not processed by the Exchange Connector.
    Just if the User has a custom Rule activated to send ooo-mails, they will be processed, because they're sent like normal mails (That's my experience in our Environment)

Even if that's discussable, beacuse in some cases it would be helpful in my opinion: If the anaylst sends an update of the ticket to the user (by updating Action log or mail) and is waiting for Response, he is not able to see in the log that the users is out of Office because the automatic Reply is not precessed.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:35 AM