none
Project Professional 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Project Professional 2019 lately. After initial installation it shows correct ribbons for 2019 including Agile work flow, however, when it opens again the Agile work flow is not available anymore. The blue Agile sign does not show as an available template and instead it reverts back to 2016 version. I uninstalled 2016 Professional version before installing 2019 version. But it still picks up older version somehow. I also found it sometimes opens 2019 version again time to time then back to 2016 version. I only have one icon to open the Project. The account detail shows as Professional 2019 activated and product id and session id are also available. It is really puzzling.

Alfred Ahn

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Alfred,

Are you using the Project Online Desktop client (the Office 365 subscription Click-2-run) version of the Project client? Agile is only available in that version.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:51 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I have Project Professional 2019 as it says under Product Information according to Account. It says activated and I can see product ID and session ID and Microsoft people checked the ID and says everything is ok. When I open the Project it shows the blue circle Agile symbol in the template and once inside I can see Manage Sprints icon under Project tap and I can create tasks and drag etc for normal Agile workflow. But when I open it again after closing the Project, the Agile is not available anymore. Having tried a few more times on and off then the Agile comes back on again. The Agile seems to open at random. I only have Project Professional 2019, not Project Online. I don't understand why this is happening. I always thought the Agile is available in Project Professional 2019 as well. If it is only available in Online version then why is it also opening in 2019?

Regards,  <g class="gr_ gr_2652 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="2652" id="2652">Alfed</g>

Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:50 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I forgot to mention my Office 365 subscription status. When I downloaded the Project 2019 it loaded under my subscribed Microsoft account name. I wonder if this is something to do with the confusion between Online version against solid 2019 version. Even when I open Word, Outlook or Excel it shows Office 2019 and sometimes it shows Office 365. It should only show Office 365 as my subscription is still valid. I've never installed Office 2019. Regards, Alfred

Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:19 AM
  • I think others have seen similar issues with Agile incorrectly appearing in some Project Proffessional 2019 builds, it shouldn't be available there - I'm sure this will be resolved in an update so that is never appears.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:20 AM