Rate Limited on Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way that I can rate limit email accounts?  We have had a few email accounts in the past get key logged, and they start sending out 10,000-100,000 email an hour.  I usually catch it fairly quick.  But is there a way I can setup somthing to only allow says 50 emails every 30 minutes to get out, anything over that is rate limited?

Thanks,
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:54 PM

Answers

• We had to go with a 3rd party MTA product called "PowerMTA" to get those results.  There is a "MaxRateLimit" on receive connectors which restrict the messages send out by a perticular client per minute.  I don't know if that would get you the results you want though.
    • Proposed as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:20 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

You may use cmdlet like MaxOutboundConnections, MaxPerDomainOutboundConnections, PickupDirectoryMaxMessagesPerMinute

You may have to customize the commands. You may refer this page to code by yourself http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124238.aspx

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:20 PM

All replies

• We had to go with a 3rd party MTA product called "PowerMTA" to get those results.  There is a "MaxRateLimit" on receive connectors which restrict the messages send out by a perticular client per minute.  I don't know if that would get you the results you want though.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

You may use cmdlet like MaxOutboundConnections, MaxPerDomainOutboundConnections, PickupDirectoryMaxMessagesPerMinute

You may have to customize the commands. You may refer this page to code by yourself http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124238.aspx

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:20 PM