Unable to receive blade alert from the enclosure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me.

I have SCOM2012 with Hp blade mp installed. I manage to configure the device monitor and added all the enclosure. I can receive test alert from them enclosure. But when I try to perform actual test such as turn power of on enclosure I did not receive any snmp trap on device monitor log.  Any one got any idea to get this working.

Thanks

Siva

Siva

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you to go throuhg the below link which is about monitoring Blade server enclosure:

Monitor blade server enclosures with Microsoft System Center

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/monitor-blade-server-enclosures-with-microsoft-system-center/

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, November 28, 2014 5:42 AM
  • I have follow that steps but still having problem. only can receive test alert but not the  alert for actual problem.

Siva

• Proposed as answer by Janez_B Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:01 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Janez_B Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:01 PM
    Friday, November 28, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Have you went through the MP guide to configure it? Please check whether the proper monitors or rules are enabled.

It is suggested to follow the MP guide to fully configure monitoring for Blade server.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Monday, December 1, 2014 5:21 AM
  • Hi,

you should unplug power supply or remove fan from the enclosure. This should generate alert which will be a warning alert in SCOM. Shuting down enclosure or blade will not generate alert.

BR,

Janez

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Today the power degraded in one of the bay but still no alert. Could some help me urgently. Going crazy here. Thanks

Siva

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:02 AM