none
Equations disappear when converting Microsoft Word 2007 files to .pdf files RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on a text with equations and converting it to a .pdf file regulary. Now suddenly the conversion (made from inside MS Word 2007 by save as pdf) does NOT include the equations anymore. Instead there is just a blank space where the equations used to be displayed

What has happened?

I tried to convert an old version of my text but with the same results. Now the equations are not included anymore in the .pdf file.

As far as I know I have not made any changes in MS Word - except perhaps that there has been an update. (I regulary update Windows XP)

Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:21 AM

All replies

• i suggest you try using printing to pdf using one of the pdf printing softwares available.pdf complete, pdf 995....
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:36 AM
  • Thanks for the tip. I found a list here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software#Microsoft_Windows

Now, what to choose ?? :-)

Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:20 PM
  • I took the word file to an old computer that has not been run for half a year or so. (It is running the same software: XP, and Word 2007) and lo an behold! There the equations do NOT disappear. Thus, there must be some Microsoft update to Word or XP that causes this new erroneous behavior when converting to .pdf format.

(The old computer has not been run or connected to internet for some time and to make sure no vicious update would infect Word  I disconnected the internet plug before I started it up and used a CD to transfer the word file to the old PC.)

Since the last successfull conversion to .pdf file format was done 2010-06-04 on my (regular) PC I guess the update must have occurred somewhere after that since I regulary update my computer.

Oh yes, I did try to rerun the installation of the .pdf conversion on Word by rerunning the SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe file but that did not fix it.

So any hope for a new update from Microsoft that fixes this new bug they have introduced or is it a question of finding som other vendors conversion software?

Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:49 PM