Export To Excel Umerges Cell in the second time of export (WEIRD), MERGING PROBLEM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I have the reports definition file aligned exactly in order to avoid the merging of cells(Page Header, Details Section elements).  I get the report on the report viewer. And when i export it to EXCEL file for the first time(selected Export Type to Excel from drop down and clicked on Export Link) few columns get merged.  I close the excel sheet and again do the same thing from the report viewer and find that the merging of cells is not found.

I donno why this is happening and this is really weird. 

Please let me know if anybody really faced this problem.  I am almost done with all my reporting but the export is perfect(Un Merged Cells In EXCEL) but it happens when i export the report for the second time.

I have 4 itesm in the page header.  i have made all the column width in the body section to 1 inch.

NOw first item in page header Image1 is aligned with first column of table in body section.

SEcond three items are textboxes(width 6 in each) which are of same with and whose start point is adjusted with second column of table in body section.  and end of three textboxes goes in line with the 7th column or 6 inches which ever is ok.

all the alignment is done but even the export to excel merges cells for the first time and not when i export the same content from viewer to excel.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

And Where can i find the Print Title option in ssrs 2005 ??

Thanks,
    Suman
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:01 PM