Skype for Business 2019 Edge server upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have a physical Skype for Business 2015 Edge server.

I want to upgrade it to Skype for Business 2019 Edge server.

I'm assuming it will be ok to remove Skype 2015 and then install Skype for Business 2019.

Can anyone confirm whether or not that will be possible.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi ejenner,

Do you have SFB Server 2019 topology in your environment? If you deploy FE Servers with SFB Server 2015, then you may can’t find SFB Server 2019 in the Topology Builder as below:

With this topology, you may not only upgrade the Edge Server to SFB 2019.

In addition, if you deploy FE Servers with SFB Sever 2019, you could do this. For this, you must use the same settings to deploy the Edge server, such as IP address, FQDN etc. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:58 AM
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:01 AM
  • I have 2019 for the FE.

As I've not been able to find any answers to the correct way of doing this I have tried the following: Remove the 2015 Edge server from the 2019 Front-End configuration in Topology and then republish.  Then delete the 2015 Edge and republish. Then run the SFB 2015 setup and remove the roles. Then run SFB 2019 setup and replace all the settings which were removed. Hopefully that will work. Not sure as I've not finished yet.

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi ejenner,

The steps you provided should be right. I also suggest you check the DNS zone, make sure the DNS records for the old Edge server has been removed. 

In addition, if there's any update please let us know. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 6, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Hi ejenner,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:38 AM
  • Hi ejenner,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:17 AM