none
I Need Sample Project Files RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a place which I can find sample project files? I don't mean templates. MS Project files which include a project or projects.

I've been trying to study on blank project file and I need to some sample files to apply extensive techniques.

• Edited by jack19855 Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:25 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Jack,

Are you using Project 2010 or 2013?

Here is a good start for using template with Project 2013:

http://blogs.office.com/2013/02/21/new-templates-for-project-2013/

Note that when clicking on "new", you can select office template and will be able to choose among the office project templates.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:32 PM
  • jack19855,

You said you don't want templates but that may be the best starting point. Obviously there are many different forms a project file can take but without further definition of your "extensive techniques", we have no idea how to help you further.

John

Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:10 PM
  • For example I want a project which have;

+ Tasks and subtasks with durations

+ Assigned and not assigned resources which have different availabilities and exceptions

+ deadline

etc.

I want to examine the project and see how it's handled.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 12:37 PM
  • You are actually talking about an actual live project plan. I'd suggest as John said to start from a template and play with it. Then depending on what you actually need for your scheduling needs (baselining, leveling, reporting, tracking...), we could help you more in détails.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:44 AM