Sharepoint 2007 - Unable to load DLL 'onetnative.dll': The device is not ready. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070015) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

I'm currently have a Sharepoint 2007 issue whereby our sharepoint sites would have the following error:

Unable to load DLL 'onetnative.dll': The device is not ready. (Exception
    from HRESULT: 0x80070015)

I have googled and all are saying that the above DLL is not found at the location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN

I have checked and it is there. Can anyone help?

Thanks and best regards, Kim Seng This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:59 AM

Answers

• Dear Hemdra, Thanks for the reply. I have tried to copy the DLL file to C;\windows\system32 directory, restart the server. And Central Administration site is up. now we are waiting for developer to confirm that the rest of the sites are working.

Thanks and best regards, Kim Seng This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

The developer have got back and indicated that the application site is also working now. but it was because they have refresh it w a new web.config file.

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you see this? this file might be broken so need to repair according to thread reply

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointsearchlegacy/thread/86e96dae-f258-4181-b8b4-6dc1856743f7

You can also try this hotfix (please tr first at test then prod), which includes latest version of above file:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941422

Hope it may help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Dear Hemdra, Thanks for the reply. I have tried to copy the DLL file to C;\windows\system32 directory, restart the server. And Central Administration site is up. now we are waiting for developer to confirm that the rest of the sites are working.

Friday, March 22, 2013 5:45 AM

The developer have got back and indicated that the application site is also working now. but it was because they have refresh it w a new web.config file.

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:38 AM