After downloading updates to Windows XP asks for an Administrator password??? RRS feed

• Question

• Today I downloaded the suggested updates to Windows XP and when I restarted the computer it is asking for an Administrator password that I don't have - now I cannot get into my computer.  How do I get this password or past it?

Help!

Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:04 AM

Answers

• safe mode.... restart/ hit f8 at start/choose safe mode/ use administrator account/remove password..(it is not usual to ask you for password unless you have 2 users)good luck. 
    any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it
    • Marked as answer by Clogcat Saturday, October 8, 2011 11:22 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:22 AM

All replies

• safe mode.... restart/ hit f8 at start/choose safe mode/ use administrator account/remove password..(it is not usual to ask you for password unless you have 2 users)good luck. 
    any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it
    • Marked as answer by Clogcat Saturday, October 8, 2011 11:22 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:22 AM
    • Bypass XP Password
    • Many times you cannot boot into normal Windows mode because of wrong user password, you can start Windows XP in safe mode and login the default admin account to bypass other user password.

Forgot Windows 7 Password? Do you know how to reset Windows 7 password? As we know, Win7 is now more and more popular. We know how to reset vista password and the method of Vista Password Recovery.
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Clogcat- you are logging in with a wrong password. windows update will not change the account password in any case.
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:38 AM
  • I have never set a password on this computer...  but even so, I tried every password that I had ever used and nothing worked.  I did have to go into safe mode to fix it.  But thanks anyway!  :)

Linda Jones
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:43 PM