Error when launching promoted app from RemoteAPP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We are receiving this error when launching any application from RemoteAPP, we tried promoting Calculator, Notepad, etc. and received the same error as well.

"Personalization:

This theme can't be applied to the desktop.

Try clicking a different theme"

Help!

Thank you,

Stangride

Monday, December 15, 2014 3:14 PM

Answers

• I suppose it most likely isn't as in remoteapp your technically not logged in as an interactive user. Meaning you do not interact with a desktop. I would recommend removing that GPO and testing first.

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:24 PM

All replies

• If you launch the app directly from the session hosts using the same account that your using with remoteapp what are you getting? Try and RDP to the session host when you attempt it. I would also check rsop.msc to see if you have any GPO or scripts that are manipulating themes.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Thanks, I found a custom theme that is being used and it doesn't exist on the RDS servers.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 7:02 PM
  • Hi Standride,

When this issue has started?

Monday, December 15, 2014 7:28 PM
  • Sweet! Good find Stangride.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 9:43 PM
  • After applying the theme to both RDS servers and making sure it was available in the file location specified in the GPO, we are still getting the same error when we launch applications from RemoteAPP.  Is it possible that the Themepak isn't compatible with RemoteAPP?
    Monday, December 15, 2014 10:57 PM
  • I suppose it most likely isn't as in remoteapp your technically not logged in as an interactive user. Meaning you do not interact with a desktop. I would recommend removing that GPO and testing first.

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:24 PM