SharePoint 2007 Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to disable SharePoint alerts on one site collection or one library?

I want to disable the alerts, do some tasks and enable the alerts again.

Any ideas?

Monday, August 5, 2013 6:06 PM

Answers

• Alerts exist on a library / list level only.  As a Site Collection admin, you can view who's got what alerts set up.  These can be removed from Site Collection settings (one at a time) and then recreated.  This will however send them an alert to advise it's been done.

Or you can consider removing the sending email address from the Email Settings in CA but I'm not sure if this will remove all rights for everyone.

• Marked as answer by Nikhil Phatak Friday, August 9, 2013 12:04 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:05 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

If you have a separate Task List for that Library, then there is an option of going to the task library--> settings --> Advanced Settings-->Send notification

If the task list is common for multiple libraries, then have you checked the link below. There seems to be no direct option to disable it on a library or site collection

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/Enable-Disable-Alerts-for-cb765602

Hope it helps!

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:26 PM
  • Alerts exist on a library / list level only.  As a Site Collection admin, you can view who's got what alerts set up.  These can be removed from Site Collection settings (one at a time) and then recreated.  This will however send them an alert to advise it's been done.

Or you can consider removing the sending email address from the Email Settings in CA but I'm not sure if this will remove all rights for everyone.

• Marked as answer by Nikhil Phatak Friday, August 9, 2013 12:04 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:05 AM
    Answerer