Windows 7 Fax & Scan can't see my scanner RRS feed

• Question

• It sees the printer, and the printer prints and copies, but won't scan. It's an HP photosmart 4795. I tried to use windows fax & scan, but it says I don't have a scanner. My usb connections are fine. I ran the HP troubleshooter but it doesn't really lead anywhere. I also downloaded from HP the latest driver, supposedly. It worked fine in the past, but I had to reformat my PC and since then, no scanner.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you remove the driver and install the latest driver for Windows 7 to test the issue again.

For your reference,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&tmp_geoLoc=true&product=3940574

Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:57 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Just a shot in the dark here. How about you try hdwwiz?

Just go to run or from the search type hdwwiz and launch and go through the wizard to manually add the scanner. Strange issue though!

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Hi, Im having the same problem with my wifi printer... samsung clx-3305w

windows fax and scan wont see it wifi, but its fine if I connect it to the computer via usb...
    everything else seems to be fine..
    (sorry if this is in the wrong place.. new on here)

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:57 PM