Bulk change skype for business SIP address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using Skype for business online and I have a requirement to change SIP on all users. We are using AD Connect to sync our on-prem users to office 365 so can someone please help me what I need to do to change bulk SIP on all users. Do I need to do it from on premises environemnt or? Shall I change SipProxyAddress on prem in ad and that will auto change SipAddress in office 365 or? Please help

Monday, March 25, 2019 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Philippe Rendu,

When you add the Skype for Business Online feature to a user it will get the same SIP address as the SignIn address (UPN). It should also add the sip address to ProxyAddresses. However, It will not set any attributes to your on-prem Active Directory.

In your environment, if you do not have or previously had SFB/Lync on-premise environment, you only need to change the SIP address in online. If you also need to change a user’s Office 365 sign-in address(UPN), when you change it, the SIP address for the user will be automatically synchronized. 

However, if your Office 365 organization is using Directory Synchronization and has or previously had SFB/Lync on-premise environment , according to the official document, the SIP Address can be updated independently by populating the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress value in Active Directory. So You need to change the value of msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress to the new SIP address, then it will sync to SFB online. 

You could refer to the official document to find the details: Considerations for Skype for Business Online when you change an Office 365 sign-in address

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi Philippe Rendu,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:11 AM