Windows 10 Not Booting Up Keyword and Mouse also got stuck ? RRS feed

• Question

• Last night i was updating my computer then today moring i tried to login but i get some wired screen come up start windows is reparing and then it stuck in between choose language selection.

I am even not able to use my keyboard and mouse both got stuck's in between that screen.

So i can not perform any task like shift + restart , Safe Mode anything i am  not able to  perform.

Please tell me how can i fix this problem can i refresh or restore my window with any shortcode keys f1-f12.

The thing is my mouse is not working it is not takeing anything please help for the same.

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Fortify Solution LLC,

Firstly, we could unplug all external devices to boot up again.

If the issue still insists, your system files have been damaged, a reset of Windows 10 reinstalls these files without damaging your data. After the third attempt to boot has failed, Windows 10 will automatically boot into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). We could check the link below about how to boot to advanced startup option in Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

Then follow these steps to reset Windows 10:

1.At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

2.At the Troubleshoot screen, select Reset this PC.

3.At the Reset this PC screen, select Keep my files.

4.Select your user account and enter the password if prompted.

5.Select Reset.

6.Windows will perform the reset process

Also we could choose the advance option and try the system restore.

If we still couldn’t access the Troubleshoot screen, we could only try to boot from the installation media of Windows 10, and Choose Repair the computer option: 

Troubleshooting -> Advanced options -> Startup Repair or system restore.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Fortify Solution LLC,

Firstly, we could unplug all external devices to boot up again.

If the issue still insists, your system files have been damaged, a reset of Windows 10 reinstalls these files without damaging your data. After the third attempt to boot has failed, Windows 10 will automatically boot into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). We could check the link below about how to boot to advanced startup option in Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

Then follow these steps to reset Windows 10:

1.At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

2.At the Troubleshoot screen, select Reset this PC.

3.At the Reset this PC screen, select Keep my files.

4.Select your user account and enter the password if prompted.

5.Select Reset.

6.Windows will perform the reset process

Also we could choose the advance option and try the system restore.

If we still couldn’t access the Troubleshoot screen, we could only try to boot from the installation media of Windows 10, and Choose Repair the computer option: 

Troubleshooting -> Advanced options -> Startup Repair or system restore.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:59 AM
  • Can you get into Windows 10 advanced start up? 

you can look up on any search engine, "how to get to advanced start up windows 10" (sorry my account isn't verified yet and I cannot post any links or pictures yet.

If you can get to the advanced start up then you can try to do a system restore or a PC reset will loose desktop apps but not data).

Otherwise you can try to reset Windows in that same advanced start up if you don't care about lose of data or reinstalling applications. 

Whats the computer make and model?

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:28 AM