Vista and "What U Hear" Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, there!

I'm fairly new to Vista and laptops, so now that I have a laptop with Vista for school, I'm a little confused! I've been using a software called Audacity for years that helps me do all necessary recording; however, my experience lies in working with it using Windows XP. Now that I have Audacity dowloaded on Vista, I can't get any of my former available recording options to work - I can only record using the computer's microphone. Before, I favored a function called "What U Hear," allowing me to record what the computer was playing as part of a project. I've researched answers to this, but I always reach a dead end, and was advised to contact the distributors of Conexant, my audio system, for a possible solution. I appreciate any advice concerning this issue! Thanks!
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Since you can record using the computer's microphone, this issue is mainly due to Audacity. Regarding that this issue is specific, I would like to propose some general suggestions here. If the issue persists, I may also need to suggest that you contact Audacity for support. Based on my research, you can post your questions in the following forum.

Audacity Forum

http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=cc2646e00531945473798295210ea26e

Note: we provide this link for references, Microsoft doesn't control and guarantee the security and information in this website. There might be some changes without notice.

To move on, I suggest that you download the latest edition of Windows Vista compatible Audacity to install. You can obtain it from the following website.

Download Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

Note: we provide this link for references, Microsoft doesn't control and gurantee the security and information in this website. There might be some changes without notice.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:17 AM