none
Outlook 2016 Credentials in Credentials Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm writing a client application to access my mailbox using the Redemption/MAPI library. I used to be able to start a session by doing the following:

1.) Create a credentials MS.Outlook.15:{user's email} in windows credentials manager

2.) Create a profile

3.) Open a session using this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc842103.aspx

However, once i enable "EnableADAL" flag in the registry. I'm unable to open a session successfully.

What I notice is that Outlook creates a credential named: MicrosoftOiffce16_Data:ADALWAM:{unique identifier of the user authenticated during ADAL token acquisition}

With that credential, i'm able to open a session successfully.

May I know what is stored in this credential? I've tried the refresh token and access token but they don't seem to be correct.

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi changquan1,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook client user interface, so I am afraid we can help few regarding your query about writing a client application to access the mailbox using the Redemption/MAPI library. Personally, I'd like to encourage you contact the customer support for Redemption/MAPI library for better assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 9:43 AM