Black screen - Vista Home Addition SP 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All. I have a question regarding Black Screen Problems

My computer info is below, my problem is that my LCD screen on my Toshiba Laptop,Satellite A135) goes to black anytime it "wakes up", e.g. coming out of screen saver, sleep, hibernate and login. The one item, and here is where it gets a lil' strange to me; my "Yahoo Widgets" that are on-screen, DO NOT go away, they remain visible while the screen goes black and flashes back on within 2-3 seconds. Please advise if able, thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Robert Goltz

rgjr61@aol.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Windows Directory: C:\Windows
    Windows Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
    Processor
      Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
      Name: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2080  @ 1.73GHz
      Speed: 1.7 GHz
    Memory
      Physical Memory: 2 GB
      Virtual Memory: 3 GB

Video Adapter
      Name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series
    Screen Resolution: 1280x800
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Physical Storage Device
      Model Number: TOSHIBA MK1237GSX
      Serial Number: 67JIF399S
      Controller: Primary Controller
      Type: Master drive
      Drive Type: Fixed
      Drive Size: 111.8 GB
    Logical Storage Device
      Local Disk (C:): 110.3 GB (66.1 GB free)
    Power
      AC power status: Online
      Battery charge status: High?the battery capacity is at more than 66 percent
      Battery life percentage: 100%
      Battery life remaining: Unknown status
      Battery full life time: Unknown status
    Network Adapter
      Name (1): Atheros AR5006EG Wireless Network Adapter (Other)
       Name (2): Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (Ethernet)
      IP Address (2): 0.0.0.0
    Mouse: Standard PS/2 Mouse
    Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue start occurring?

It is probably a Graphic card driver issue. I suggest download the driver from the manufacture's download center. Select the proper model. I assume it is Satellite A135-S2246. The driver is here. Then please go to device manager, navigate to display card, right click on it, propertis and select  uninstall. Restart the computer and then reinstall the driver using the downloaded one.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, March 4, 2011 8:46 AM