Terminal Server role RRS feed

• Question

• When I setup the server role I gave the server name 'corp.xxxxxxxxx.com'. How do I remove the corp from the name without starting all over again?

If so what's the best way to remove the role and start again.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Could you let us know more details about the issue:

·          Which version of operating system are you using for Terminal Services.

·          When you said “gave the server name”, do you mean the server has the name when installing Terminal Server role?

Generally, you can change the server’s name without reinstalling the Terminal Server role. If I misunderstand your concern, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks.

Regards,

·         Lionel Chen

Monday, November 23, 2009 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you let us know more details about the issue:

·          Which version of operating system are you using for Terminal Services.

·          When you said “gave the server name”, do you mean the server has the name when installing Terminal Server role?

Generally, you can change the server’s name without reinstalling the Terminal Server role. If I misunderstand your concern, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks.

Regards,

·         Lionel Chen

Monday, November 23, 2009 11:59 AM
  • The ver. is 2008 Server standard.

The server orignal name is 'server.com'. I added 'corp' to make it 'corp.server.com'  while configuring the terminal server role.

I want to remove the 'corp' from the name.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:59 AM