Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound problem RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Vista brand new on a computer i bought and I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card, and for a little while everything worked fine...I installed the drivers and everything.  Now when I play music in Itunes or Windows Media Player the song plays for a little then starts sounding like its lagging, a skipping quality....I noticed its not just the music, but its all sounds on the computer....and then after a minute it just won't play music anymore....furthermore NO sound will play on the computer...if i restart the computer the sound comes back, but then after a minute or two the problem happens again.  Any ideas?
    Friday, February 2, 2007 7:09 AM

All replies

• I have gone through 2 Audigy cards with Windows XP and finally just gave up. I don't even want to try them with Vista. I was having the same problems that you are describing. The first card I had worked great for months then started doing what you are describing then started locking up my pc conpletely. The 2nd one did it almost from the beginning. I was thinking it was some king of incompatibility between an MS update and Creative drivers. I finally got a new motherboard with 5.1 built in and have not had any problems since.
    Friday, February 2, 2007 2:28 PM
  • well i downloaded some beta vista drivers for the sound card and now it doesnt make the crackling noise....but now i can't get 5.1 to work....i only get sound out of 3 speakers....my two rear ones dont work, and in the options its set to 5.1, and when i test the speakers and it gets to the rear speakers, the sound just comes out of the front...
    Friday, February 2, 2007 5:05 PM