none
Acess denied on project site to Project Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Project Manager have project with project site,he was access this site easily,but after some time he find access denied automatically. does not changes in any project server setting.

why its happen. i had find frequently  with many users.

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Sharepoint and EPM Consultant,TCS

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What version of Project Server are using? Do you automatically sync users with Projects Sites?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:14 PM
  • PS2010. recently migrated but same problem i have faced with both version.

yes auto sync is enable

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:56 PM
  • These users that are getting access denied, were they original added to the Project Site manually or via the Project Server sync? How do they get access to the Project Site again was they get access denied?

Paul

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Project was old ,I don't have idea,that manual or sync with ad.

now i have done migration. many user have uses with out any problem but some of user facing this issue.

I don't have idea why its happen,frequently its happen,one time i have provide the permission after some time again same user had get the same issue.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:14 PM
  • sounds like that user shouldn't have access to that project site according to the Project Server permissions. Sounds like you are adding that user manually to the project site in question? If so, add that user again then go to PWA > Serer Settings > Project Sites, select that project site and click Synchronise. Is this user removed again? If so, this user does not have the correct project server permissions to access this project site. This will explain why the user is being removed as after a project publish the associated project site perms are synchronised or after some PWA permission changes etc.

Paul

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Paul i will check tomorrow n update u.but is it without manually add user,user can acess the site with sync

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Hi Paul,

sorry for late reply,i was busy with another task.

i need clarification,without sync is better or with sync ad is better to add user.

I have cheeked here problem is Project manager is synced with one ad pm group,when its sync other project manager permission has been automatically removed because that user has been added manual by pwa site.

so now i have remove sync with AD,its better practice or not.

now i need information,when project manger create project,then he have writes on all project site documents ans list library,but what about assignee team member.is it required to provide permission on all project site by manual.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:42 PM