Searching in outlook. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, 

I have a user who cannot search in a shared mailbox. Everyone else who has access to it can search within the mailbox for obj "x" but if this specific user attempts to search for "x" it thinks for a moment and then just gives her all her emails in that shared folder again. This user can however search her own mailbox for objects with success.

Any idea where I should start looking?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the user have the "Download shared folders" option enabled under Account Settings? If not, please try enabling it, wait until the index completes and then try searching again.

If above still doesn't work, we may also try to rebuild the index and then see if this issue continues. To do this, exit Outlook, go to Control Panel > Indexing Options > Advanced, click Rebuild button.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:05 AM
  • Download Shared Folders was checked. However i cannot get to the control panel because of GPO, however I am able to check on that tomorrow when the user is not here, and can get onto her PC and remove her from the OU that has her restricted and will let you know if that works or not. Thank you for you help so far, it is appreciated.
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:40 PM
  • Hello,

How is everything going? If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:35 AM