Reducing the size of space - Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have exchange server 2003 and my clients have Outlook 2007.

I have clients that are having their ost/pst files being corrupted whereby they cannot access their mailbox/mails. I have to run SCANPST on each pst files then it's OK.

Issue:

- How to reduce the size of a particular mailbox? I believe even after archiving mails to a pst file, there are still some space that i can free up.

any tool that will compact/defragment a particular mailbox.

Main concern is storage on my ex server. i'm running out of space thus HIGHLY need to reduce "unused" space.

Please help URGENTLY.

Monday, October 7, 2013 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here is a link for you to reduce the size of Outlook Data Files:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/reduce-the-size-of-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-HA010356311.aspx

And for your concern of storage on your Exchange server, here are some Exchange solutions for your reference:

1.Set max size limitation on user's mailbox.

2.Considering Exchange Online Archive, Retension Policy features.

Regards,

Rebecca

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Thanks Rebecca.

Infact I got a severe issue on the exchange server where due to lack of space, i have some mailbox stores have been dismounted.

As resolution I have free some space, like moved some mailboxes, but MAIN ISSUE is that i cannot MOUNT MY MAILBOX STORES AGAIN. I have got lots of mailboxes there.

Plz see below error I'm having when mounting the stores:

An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.
    ID no: c1041724
    Exchange System Manager

Grateful to have the exact resolution for this issue.

- I have already tried repairing a specific mailbox store. After repairing the store I cannot mount it....same error as above.

An urgent help will be mostly appreciated.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:13 AM