How to run OSD script silently with out vbscripting? Is there any option like <SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" Run="Silent"> RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the below script to make the command run silently but it throws error  "%1 is not a valid win-32 application".

Now I cannot go vbsciprt way to run this command as i need to sequence it again to include my script in the sft file. Help me if I can do something to run the below command silently without cmd prompt visible to user

<DEPENDENCY>
     <SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="TRUE">
      <SCRIPTBODY>
       <HREF>cmd.exe /c %SFT_MNT%\ADBPSCS6.130\APTEE\adobe_prtk.exe --tool=Serialize --leid=Photoshop-CS6-Win-GM --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --adobeid=xxxxxxx </HREF>
      </SCRIPTBODY>
     </SCRIPT>
      <CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.6.0.0"/>
     </DEPENDENCY>

Thanks,

Venkat.

Monday, November 19, 2012 4:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if you write a scriptbody you have to double the \ (Escapecharacter).

%SFT_MNT%\\ADBPSCS6.130\\APTEE\\adobe_prtk.exe --tool=Serialize --leid=Photoshop-CS6-Win-GM --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --adobeid=xxxxxxx

You have a HREF Element inside your Scriptbody. So the client copies the text between <Scriptbody> und </Scriptbody> into a temp. Batchfile for Excecution.

Use the HREF Element without Scriptbody. (HREF works just like the command line)

For sequencing Photoshop CS6 use AAMEE 3.1 from Adobe Enterprise Deployment. With Version 3.1 it is possible to serialize the installation package.

Regards

Frank

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Frank Fette Der aus der Stadt mit der Schwebebahn

Monday, November 19, 2012 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

No, there is not. See this page for a complete reference;

http://www.tmurgent.com/osd_illustrated.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Have you confirmed that you can manually get into the package and that adobe_prtk.exe executes from a command line OK?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:56 AM
  • yes...it works fine. I have checked it manually.

venkat

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:56 AM
  • could you post a screenshot of the error?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, November 19, 2012 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

if you write a scriptbody you have to double the \ (Escapecharacter).

%SFT_MNT%\\ADBPSCS6.130\\APTEE\\adobe_prtk.exe --tool=Serialize --leid=Photoshop-CS6-Win-GM --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --adobeid=xxxxxxx

You have a HREF Element inside your Scriptbody. So the client copies the text between <Scriptbody> und </Scriptbody> into a temp. Batchfile for Excecution.

Use the HREF Element without Scriptbody. (HREF works just like the command line)

For sequencing Photoshop CS6 use AAMEE 3.1 from Adobe Enterprise Deployment. With Version 3.1 it is possible to serialize the installation package.

Regards

Frank

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Frank Fette Der aus der Stadt mit der Schwebebahn

Monday, November 19, 2012 12:36 PM