none
login script to map a user to its group's network drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have several departments in our office. I'll just name this as OP1 OP2, OP3, etc. As a standard process, we have 2-3 network drives that we need to map to a specific user.

i.e  

1. public(anyone in the office can  leave or write a file here) --> not recommended to save if you have confi files

2. dept folder

3. dept sub folders

So everytime there's a new staff, we had to manually enter or add each network drive. Is there a faster or better way like a script, batch or whatever is the most efficient way to map these drives as soon as they are successfully authenticated?

Thanks

Jeff

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:08 AM

Answers

• This would be done using Group Policy. Post in GP forum for assistance.  It is very easy and much easier to manage and change.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by jeco Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:36 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:52 AM

All replies

• This would be done using Group Policy. Post in GP forum for assistance.  It is very easy and much easier to manage and change.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by jeco Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:36 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:52 AM
  • oh sorry, thought that since I was asking for a script or batch, thought that scripting room would best fit my question. 

Thanks

Jeff

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:34 AM
  • Group Policy does not use scripts to assign drives based on group membership.  It has special components designed to manage that.

Since WS2008 we haven't needed to use a script.  It is more efficient and more flexible to use GP Preferences.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:43 AM