Assigned to and limiting Primary Owner user in a AD Group RRS feed

• Question

• When assigning an Incident to a "Assigned Group" can you user the Primary Owner field to pull a user from the Assigned Group?

For example  if i assign incident 123 to the "IT Support" group and "It Support" group has Joe Bloggs and Jane Doe in the Group.  I want to use the "Primary Owner" filed to select one of these two users. 

But i do not want "Primary Owner" to display all users. i only want it to display from the "IT Support" group

Can this be done and if So how?

Jeff

Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is only possible via some dev work to add a custom control to the Incident form.

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Auto-Close app click here

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Hi Rob,

I know you posted this a long, long time ago, but I was wondering if you could go into a bit more detail?  I have a custom user picker on my form called Owner.  I have the Assigned to User field filtered by limiting the global operators to specific AD groups.  Those AD groups each contain a number of users, and I'd like the Owner field to limit the possible users by the group chosen in Assigned to User.

Is this possible?  I have Visual Studio, but I'm pretty new to it, and I don't know how to filter user picker choices on DataContextChanged.

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:13 PM