none
Relay Connector

Question

• Hello All,

We have a website host on a server and there is a high availability between 2 servers (website servers). programming team are deploying a new application and that application must sends notification to their emails ( External Mails hotmail , ... etc). When they are trying to send test email, they got an error 5.7.1 unable to relay. Our exchange server is 2013, should i configure IIS on website server for SMTP and exclude those IPs, or should be done through exchange server ( creating a new receive connector ). If tired to create a new receive connector and then i check  TLS then run :

Get-ReceiveConnector "SMTP Relay" | Add-ADPermission -User 'NT AUTHORITYAnonymous Logon' -ExtendedRights MS-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient

Then i got an error "NT Authority not found", if i remove TLS checkbox then restart the server, its working fine. I did it on my LAP

Best Regards,

Saturday, January 28, 2017 2:25 PM

Answers

• I missed it. thank you. i did run it with out any issue.

Am trying to send email from the application to external mail (gmail) but no e-email has sent.

Note: I did add 2 IPs for our website in remote network settings ( relay connector settings) as follows:

with out adding /24. IS this what causing the issue.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by IICO2022 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:56 AM
    • Edited by IICO2022 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:02 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:56 AM

All replies

• It should be 'NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon'.  Make sure "SMTP Relay" is a front-end connector.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, January 29, 2017 6:19 AM
  • The connector is a front-end connector, but when i run 

Get-ReceiveConnector "SMTP Relay" | Add-ADPermission -User 'NT AUTHORITYAnonymous Logon' -ExtendedRights MS-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient

I got an error massage "NT Authority wasn't found". Then i have to uncheck TLS in authentication tap, is it save to do this step. why that error happened, is there extra step i have to do.

thanks 

• Edited by IICO2022 Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:52 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

As Ed mentioned above there should be a "\" between NT AUTHORITY and Anonymous Logon. Have you noticed that? or it just a clerical error?

Please add  "\"and check the result.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:03 PM

• Jason is saying right if you notice you are not using the \ in you first powershell cmdlet and also not using the comma's like

"NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON"

try this and share the results.

regards.

H.Shakir

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:15 PM
  • I missed it. thank you. i did run it with out any issue.

Am trying to send email from the application to external mail (gmail) but no e-email has sent.

Note: I did add 2 IPs for our website in remote network settings ( relay connector settings) as follows:

with out adding /24. IS this what causing the issue.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by IICO2022 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:56 AM
    • Edited by IICO2022 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:02 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:56 AM