Problems with List with several level RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I`m writing in a large word document and have to handle Headlines style sheets and List with several levels. I have many troubles with the Lists. I create 2 list with several level, one for the normal document and one for the attachment. I think one of the problems is, that i have more than one "break" (?) in the document because i need some sites to be landscape format. 

I don`t unterstand really why word ist doing this. The first Problem I want to solve ist that it chances many Headline numbers when I try to correct one Headline Nummer by select the correct List with several level. I don´t understand even why it is not correct at once. When I try to chance not correct Nummber, I get many wrong Nummbers in the Headlines.

Where can I see, why Word chance many Headlines and not one and how can I handle that I want only too different Typs of List for my Headlines in a document with many breaks. 

Thanks a lot for any try to help!

Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please press Ctrl+* to show paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols. Check if any Page Break is related. 

Also check if any different Styles are used for the numbered lists. Without any example, it is hard to determine what's wrong in Word settings. 

If possible, would you mind to share us the example documents and screenshots via a GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com? It is an email address only used for Office forum information collection. Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up :)

If there is any privacy information, please remember to remove it from shared document.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Read the following article and follow the instructions to create stable numbering:

How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in Ribbon Versions of Word by Shauna Kelly

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:42 AM