Paperclip Icon RRS feed

• Question

• When I send e-mails from Outlook (not sure what version, but it's a lot earlier than 2007), there is a paperclip on each e-mail indicating that there is an attachment.  But, I am not attaching anything to the e-mail.  I'm only sending text in the body of the e-mail, no attachment.  (The paperclip icon also says "winmail".)  How do I eliminate this icon from my e-mails?  (My boss receives e-mails from me with this icon and assumes I'm sending him an attachment when I am not.)

If I do send an attachment, it shows up as a separate attachment, but the "winmail" "attachment" is still there.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate the "winmail" attachment from my e-mails?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:49 PM

Answers

• I've seen that issue more. In my opinion it's sometime also caused by other e-mail clients.

Do you have images embedded in a signature? This could be the issue.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Hello,

Please follow the Jarno's suggestion to make your signature.

Besides, please make sure whether owa has the same issue. If owa has the same issue, I recommend you to check if there is related transport rule.

If owa doesn't have the same issue, please check if there is outlook rule. If there is no related outlook rule, I recommend yo urecreate your outlook profile to check the result.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:37 AM

All replies

• I've seen that issue more. In my opinion it's sometime also caused by other e-mail clients.

Do you have images embedded in a signature? This could be the issue.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Hello,

Please follow the Jarno's suggestion to make your signature.

Besides, please make sure whether owa has the same issue. If owa has the same issue, I recommend you to check if there is related transport rule.

If owa doesn't have the same issue, please check if there is outlook rule. If there is no related outlook rule, I recommend yo urecreate your outlook profile to check the result.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:37 AM