NAP DHCP Enforcement and printer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have installed and configured an environment for testing DHCP enforcement of NAP. I have some questions.

I have my printer configured in DHCP but not fixed. So I want to autorize my printer to connect of my network.

How I can managed my printers if I deployed an DHCP environement enforcement ?

I know I can deployed DHCP with IPSEC or PKI infrastructure,but i want to know if an another solution exist.

Thanks for your help

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:42 AM

Answers

•  

Thanks for contact tech forum.

Yes, you can very do this only with DHCP Enforcement. All you need is to a create a new policy specifically for the printer in the NPS server to give full access to the printer. The better condition for the printer would be ,a policy based on the MAC address of the printer.

Condition for the policy should be

Calling Station ID = MAC Address of Printer NIC.

thanks

RamaSubbu SK

Personal Blog
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

•  

Thanks for contact tech forum.

Yes, you can very do this only with DHCP Enforcement. All you need is to a create a new policy specifically for the printer in the NPS server to give full access to the printer. The better condition for the printer would be ,a policy based on the MAC address of the printer.

Condition for the policy should be

Calling Station ID = MAC Address of Printer NIC.

thanks

RamaSubbu SK

Personal Blog
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:39 PM

• Hi Rama,
    Could you please light it more, how to make a MAC base policy in NAP. And if the printer OS is Linux ( I mean without NAP enforcement client), what is the way to make a policy in Windows-2008 NAP server to provide a full access for Linux Printer.
      Is there any way to provide full access for Linux Printer using IPsec-Enforcement.

Thanks & Regards
    Brijesh Shukla
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:10 AM
  • Hi Brijesh

Read the article Below, it will solve your problem

http://blogs.technet.com/b/teamdhcp/archive/2008/06/15/nap-enforrcement-exemption-for-printers-and-other-network-appliances.aspx

Regards

Saad

• Proposed as answer by MuhammadSaad Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:56 AM