Windows automatically get resized and disappear RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (genuine | OEM | preinstalled) on Lenovo G550 notebook with 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD and INTEL GMA 4500!

Suddenly a problem has started surfacing! Whenever I start my computer, after 2 minutes or so, all the windows and dialogue boxes take a vertical bar shape and suddenly disappear, and i am left on desktop! When I use Alt+Tab to browse the windows, instead of regular rectangular shape, they appear as a vertical bar, when I click on them or leave alt+Tab when it highlights particular window, it never opens! I have to point to the task bar icons, when a small preview (snapshot) window appears over that icon, then I have to right click on that preview(snapshot) window, and click on maximize! Sometimes it works, especially for windows displaying folders n file, etc. For application windows like for Firefox, IDM, Gtalk, etc. it doesn't work! All I have to do is restart the app. or reboot windows! What is the problem, is it because of any virus? Please Help!

2007EvolutionLtd.
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:26 AM

Answers

• Disabling Aero Snap didn't work! AeroSnap works only when you click on title bar and move it! But I did not do anything, I did nt even touch the mouse!!! Still my windows disappeared! However I got the solution! It was happening due to a Backdoor.W32 program, that was trying to connect some harmful websites which were blocked by my Online Virus Protection. I cleaned my system and now the problem is solved! That program had also freezed by sidebar gadgets! But now everything's fine!
    2007EvolutionLtd.
    • Marked as answer by WallOfShame Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:08 AM

All replies

• 3rd topic about the same issue. Disbale AeroSnap like suggested in the 1st topic:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/96a15a75-64a6-4fdd-a483-cf7e45518958/

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Disabling Aero Snap didn't work! AeroSnap works only when you click on title bar and move it! But I did not do anything, I did nt even touch the mouse!!! Still my windows disappeared! However I got the solution! It was happening due to a Backdoor.W32 program, that was trying to connect some harmful websites which were blocked by my Online Virus Protection. I cleaned my system and now the problem is solved! That program had also freezed by sidebar gadgets! But now everything's fine!
    2007EvolutionLtd.
    • Marked as answer by WallOfShame Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:08 AM
  • how did you clean your system, cuz i can't seem to find the solution to the problem. and for google chrome it resizes without hiding it every 10 mins after 2 hrs of using it. I need a solution cuz its getting annoying, i hope its not a destructive virus. thanks
    Friday, December 31, 2010 11:09 AM
  • how did you clean your system, cuz i can't seem to find the solution to the problem. and for google chrome it resizes without hiding it every 10 mins after 2 hrs of using it. I need a solution cuz its getting annoying, i hope its not a destructive virus. thanks ...and i just found out it stops my gadgets from working so i really need help, so i'm guessing its a virus cuz i attempted to download something from one of those dangerous website cuz i was warned but did not listen and i cant find the file or remember the website
    Friday, December 31, 2010 11:09 AM
  • Make a full scan with an AntiVirus Scanner like Microsoft Security Essentials and also scan your PC with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, December 31, 2010 1:21 PM
  • how did you clean your system, cuz i can't seem to find the solution to the problem. and for google chrome it resizes without hiding it every 10 mins after 2 hrs of using it. I need a solution cuz its getting annoying, i hope its not a destructive virus. thanks ...and i just found out it stops my gadgets from working so i really need help, so i'm guessing its a virus cuz i attempted to download something from one of those dangerous website cuz i was warned but did not listen and i cant find the file or remember the website

Hi Ayo,

Firstly, I recommend to do a complete scan of your system using a latest updated Antivirus (I trust Quick Heal Internet Security 2011 or Norton 2010). The antivirus should be updated with latest definitions because this Backdoor W32 is latest breed and may not be recognized by older versions! Also launch the anti malware and clean even the least riskiest! Before cleaning the system, check your antivirus settings, it should scan all the files (Most of the antivirus' scan only executable files .exe by default), also uncheck the "Create System restore point", creating a system restore point will save a copy of virus in the memory, which can again execute even after ur system is cleaned!

After complete scan, empty the 'TEMP' folders in all three directories (Local, LocalLow, Roaming) of your user's AppData (Hidden folder, follow system drive:\Users\Your User\AppData)!

Reboot your system! And hopefully you have got rid of the problem!

Remember, this antivirus can tamper with ur Windows Activation Key, hence do clean your registry using Registry Cleaner, and do not go Online before you remove this virus from your system!

2007EvolutionLtd.
    Friday, December 31, 2010 1:38 PM