none
DPM PG, rescheduled the monthly backup, but it never runs, even if set days ahead ? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue where i needed to move the monthly tape backup job .. so i opened the properties on the PG, then changed the date.. I have even tried making it 3 days in the future, but it never fires..

I read once that a sql job isnt getting triggered.. is this still the case.. is there another way to force it to run?

This is on dpm 2010 x64.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that you have the Recovery Goals in assending order.  IE: Goal-1 is weekly,  Goal-2 is Monthly, Etc. because DPM parse them iand expects them in that order.    As noted, you also need to schedule the monthly or longer backups at least 48 HRS ahead of the scheduled run time.  This was true for DPM 2007 and we stated 24hrs ahead, but for DPM 2010, we recommend at last 48hrs.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809001.aspx

You can then create a custom job filter and look up to 7 days in advance to be sure it's scheduled.  If it's scheduked, it should run.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:46 PM