Serious DPC latency issues with Xbox One Controller RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum for it, but I'm hoping...

I recently got an Xbox One Controller (with a USB cable for Windows), and installed the x64 drivers for them. I've been using it for a while with no problem, however I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 due to an NVidia driver issue. I am now seeing some issues with certain games, notably Elite Dangerous and Lord of the Rings Online (which doesn't even use a controller) while my Xbox One controller is plugged in. Terrible lag, sound cutting out. I used DPC latency checker and found that it was spiking bad. Using LatencyMon I found that USBport.sys was the culprit. I unplugged the Xbox One controller and it was gone. 

Here's the catch, I know it's not the USB port or an IRQ issue because if I plug in my Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X to the same port, using the same IRQ, etc. I do not experience any issues. This is related ONLY to the Xbox One controller. Why would the One controller cause this, and is there anything I can do to fix it? I have looked everywhere. 

My PC specs are:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Intel i7-2600k OC @ 4.2ghz

16gb DDR3 ram @ 1600mhz

Nvidia GTX 770 OC 4gb

MSI z68a-gd65(g3) motherboard

HT Omega Claro Halo soundcard

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: I actually had to disable HPET in my bios to even run LOTRO or it would crash my PC, that was until I found out it was the One controller that was causing it.
    • Edited by Marcus Y Friday, January 2, 2015 11:20 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 11:14 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Hi Marcus,

Considering this issue occurred after reinstalling the machine, please ensure your system is update to date.

Since you have caught the culprit with the LatencyMon, have you tried to update the USB controller or reinstall the USB controller to have a check .

Apart from this ,is the One Controller Driver a manufacturer driver ? If it isn`t official driver ,I recommend you to download the driver from the manufacturer website.

Best regards

Monday, January 5, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

Considering this issue occurred after reinstalling the machine, please ensure your system is update to date.

Since you have caught the culprit with the LatencyMon, have you tried to update the USB controller or reinstall the USB controller to have a check .

Apart from this ,is the One Controller Driver a manufacturer driver ? If it isn`t official driver ,I recommend you to download the driver from the manufacturer website.

Best regards

Hi MeipoXu, 

Thanks for the reply. :) I've been scratching my head with this issue.

I've got all updates done and I used the official x64 Xbox One controller driver from Microsoft. Also have tried update, reinstall the USB controllers under device manager, even tried replacing usbport.sys with a friends copy but they were identical. 

What's interesting to note is that this doesn't happen in all games, only certain ones. Since I haven't played either of those games I mentioned after I got the One controller and before the reinstall, I have no clue if it had anything to do with the reinstall or if it's just an issue with the controller. I posted on those games forums and did not get any replies.

I did notice a lower DPC latency when I plugged the controller into my third-party USB 3.0 controller ports, but it was still spiking up into the reds consistently. I also went as far as to unplug ALL other USB devices, including my mouse and keyboard to see if that made a difference, and it didn't. Nothing else does this, only the One controller. I'm at a loss. =/ 

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:58 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

Considering this issue only occur with specific games.I have made a research about the two games "Elite Dangerous ","Lord of the Rings Online ".They are both pc games .Maybe they can not be supported by the One Controller perfectly or there are some settings should be configured .It is recommended to ask help from the games` forum or look for related information about playing the games with One Controller from the forum.

Best regards

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:15 AM