Server 2012 R2 and problems with WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• WSUS doesn't seem to work quite well at least on my server 2012 r2. I have installed every update available. 

I cannot open the console anymore and eventlog is full of different errors.

Earlier I fixed WSUS with this guide but again it's in same situation

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2016/04/what-you-need-to-know-about-kb3148812/

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi

I have done that previously. It helped then. It's not only the console that is not working, clients are unable to download any updates. I rebooted the server once again and now it seems to be working again.

Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi DamonWH,

If you installed KB3159706 on the WSUS server, you need to do manual steps to finish the installation, otherwise, WSUS console will crash. Please read the following article for detailed information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3159706

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 23, 2016 5:09 AM
  • Hi

I have done that previously. It helped then. It's not only the console that is not working, clients are unable to download any updates. I rebooted the server once again and now it seems to be working again.

Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Hi DamonWH,

Glad to hear after reboot the server, it works, if after monitoring a period of time, there's no issues, you may mark your reply as answer, if you still have issues later, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 8:14 AM