Service Manager User Role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What could be the user role given to the IT Help Desk? and IT Support?

What user role given in order for him to re-assign the issue or ticket?

Thank you.

Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi 

It all depends on what modules you will use in Service Manager and what the requirements for analysts are. The permissions are not scoped at the object level, so usually being assigned to you does not make any difference, and you will always be able to edit objects assigned to other analysts or support groups. 

These blog posts should help give you some background on roles and permissions:

It is quite common to have analysts with more permissions than they strictly require. If this is a problem then queues could be used to scope down the work items an analyst can access, but this generally causes more issues than it solves. 

I would start by always creating custom roles rather than using the default out of the box roles (this includes the End User role). This will allow more control over what analysts and users can do in Service Manager.

There is no right answer for what security permissions you should allow. It will depend on your work practices and organisation goals.

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Sunday, October 22, 2017 4:32 AM

All replies

• I add my account in Incident Resolvers and Activity Implementers but i cannot re-assign to other Analyst the ticket.
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Incident, Manual Activy Implementer I can assign but the Review Activity I can't assign to other. The add and edit is disabled
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:39 AM
  • I add my account in Change Manager in order to change the reviewer.
    • Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by newbee_scsm Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by newbee_scsm Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:59 AM
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:20 AM
  • but I noticed that even it was not assigned to me I can still approved and mark as completed.
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:59 AM
  • Hi 

It all depends on what modules you will use in Service Manager and what the requirements for analysts are. The permissions are not scoped at the object level, so usually being assigned to you does not make any difference, and you will always be able to edit objects assigned to other analysts or support groups. 

These blog posts should help give you some background on roles and permissions:

It is quite common to have analysts with more permissions than they strictly require. If this is a problem then queues could be used to scope down the work items an analyst can access, but this generally causes more issues than it solves. 

I would start by always creating custom roles rather than using the default out of the box roles (this includes the End User role). This will allow more control over what analysts and users can do in Service Manager.

There is no right answer for what security permissions you should allow. It will depend on your work practices and organisation goals.

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Sunday, October 22, 2017 4:32 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking to see any update about this post. Would you please mark the reply as answer if you found them helpful? If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:29 AM