none
Creating sitemap RRS feed

• Question

• I activated the search engine sitemap site collection feature.

I crawled content and get an sitemap xml file. I only have 500 items (urls) returned (2000) rows in file.

I've read all over the web to run:

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication

$ssa.MaxRowLimit will by default return 500. 

Change it to something like 5000 and the timejob will create a sitemap with hundreds of thousands of pages if needed

$ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000

$ssa.Update()

Start timerjob

I can run the first line and the second line and get 500 as a return value....makes sense...exactly what I'm getting in my xml file. 

If I run the 3rd line to increase the maxrowlimit I get an error saying "The property 'MaxRowLimit' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists and can be set."

Why can't I increase this limit? The property obviously exists as it returned 500. I really need to get a full sitemap so google can re-index. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:44 AM

Answers

• Hi gbpfan,

Close the SharePoint 2016 Management Shell and re-run it as administrator, then run the command below and check if the issue exists.

$ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000
    $ssa.Update($true)

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by gbpfan Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:24 AM
  • I don't see why that command won't work, Make sure you have enough permissions and clear the config cache from below script. and then try running the script again: and if possible do an IISRESET make sure this should be after COW if it'a Production.

https://github.com/DwayneSelsig/spcachecleaner/blob/master/SPCacheCleaner.ps1

Add-Pssnapin "Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell"
    $ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000
    $ssa.Update()
    Thanks & Regards.

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:18 PM
  • I was able to get this to work running the commands above after adding identity of my SSA to the first command!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi gbpfan,

Close the SharePoint 2016 Management Shell and re-run it as administrator, then run the command below and check if the issue exists.

$ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000
    $ssa.Update($true)

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:24 AM
  • I was running as administrator before. Closed, re-ran as administrator and issue still exists.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:16 PM
  • I don't see why that command won't work, Make sure you have enough permissions and clear the config cache from below script. and then try running the script again: and if possible do an IISRESET make sure this should be after COW if it'a Production.

https://github.com/DwayneSelsig/spcachecleaner/blob/master/SPCacheCleaner.ps1

Add-Pssnapin "Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell"
    $ssa.MaxRowLimit = 5000
    $ssa.Update()
    Thanks & Regards.

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:18 PM
  • I was able to get this to work running the commands above after adding identity of my SSA to the first command!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:36 PM