none
Install .exe applikation MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im new to MDT so not that good at this. But we have successfully set this up so we're installing win 10 1803 image with some standard applications. But we have both Dell and HP so for some HP models we need HP Hotkey support, this software comes with an .exe install file. I have successfully installed it on our demo HP laptop from a CMD prompt, with the command sp85458.exe /s /a /s /v"/qn" and it runs silence and installs fine.

But when I add this application to the MDT it does not install. So my question is, do I add this application the wrong way? First I created a folder under Applications in Deployment Workbench named HP Hotkey. In that folder I created a new application where I choose Standard Application, pointed to the source files directory, and in the "Quiet Install Command" I put this sp85458.exe /s /a /s /v"/qn"

Then I open the task sequence, Add application and Install a single application, clicked browse and choose my HP Hotkey support. As mentioned above. Then under the Options tab I added a WMI query saying select * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Manufacturer LIKE "%Hewlett-Packard%" because I only want this application fro HP laptops. 

So, do you guys have any idea what I might be missing here?

Big thanks in advance :)

Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:08 AM

All replies

• Try to Put cmd /c sp85458.exe /s /a /s /v /qn and let's try Remove double quote
    • Edited by JiteshKumar Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:19 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:19 AM
  • aha ok thanks. I will try that, and I put that in the "Quiet install command field" in the Application, right?
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:29 AM
  • Are you sure the manufacturer is Hewlett-Packard and not HP? Maybe add this instead SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Manufacturer LIKE "%Hewlett-Packard%" OR Manufacturer LIKE "%HP%"
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:00 AM
  • Thank you! Yes I think you're right. When I run the command wmic computersystem get manufacturer on my demo laptop it says HP and not Hewlett-Packard. I thought it was Hewlett-Packard since I found it on a MDT blog somewhere but that was probably old. Will try that and see if it works better.
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:37 AM
  • They changed from Hewlett-Packard to HP on most models in 2016 I think.
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:10 PM
  • I can confirm that it's now working as it should. The trick was as Balterz wrote to change it to HP instead of Hewlett-Packard in the WMI query. And the silent install commandline that works for us was this: sp85458.exe /s /a /s /v"/qn /norestart"

Thanks for your help! :)

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Friday, March 8, 2019 3:02 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 2:04 PM
  • another solution is to use the hp sdm pack:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_SDM.html

Monday, March 25, 2019 2:01 PM