Moving Word 2010 Macros from Old Computer to a New One Will Not Allow the Macros to Function. RRS feed

• Question

• I ahve just moved Word from an old computer to a new one.  Everything works fine EXCEPT the macros from the old documents I created on the old computer.

When I try to run the macro I recieve a message stating that the macro is not there or it has been disabled.  I check by editing the macro, and it indeed is in the .dotm template with the document.

So it appears that it is disabled.  I followed a suggestion in the help window and went to the Word Trust Center to ALLOW ALL MACROS.  However, it was already set that way.

Are there any suggestions as to what else I might try?

My old computer had Norton as security siftware, but the new one has Macafee, but I don;t think this could cause the problem.  The new computer has more memory and a larger hard drive but is still a Dell 17 inch laoptop.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lewis D. Eigen
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:06 AM

All replies

• It seems to me that you have a normal.dot file, but clean/empty. New one - after new instalation.

You do not assigned macro to the specyfic files, witch you have moved, but You do not moved old, normal.dot

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful

Friday, December 9, 2011 7:38 PM