[OUTLOOK 2016] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I hope you will be able to help me. We have a shared mailbox used by 15 people on an O365 environnement.
    We have a macro to tag emails once they are processed, this macro consist of adding a tag by editing the email subject an then moving the email to a specific folder.

Starting today, we get this error when running the macro whatever the workstation :

Run-time error '-2147219956 (8004060c)'
    The message store has reached its maximum size. To reduce the
    amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no
    longer need, permanently (shift + del) delete them.

The mailbox size is 7Gb over 100Gb total
    The online Archive is 10Gb over 100Gb total

We can still receive and send emails from this mailbox. We can also move email manually from a folder to another one.
    But we cannot edit even manually the subjects of received emails, we get the same error. Rather than the macro itself, it seems that the cause is the sibject editing.

I have no clue where to look for to fix this,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Might have to check this with our admin

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-my/exchange/troubleshoot/delete-calendar-items/store-reached-maximum-size

Indeed, I remember seeing on an extended audit log of our mailbox that when you change the subject of an email, it actually delete the email to create a new one with the new subject (at least it is what happen behind the scene). So, our recoverable item folder might be full.
    • Edited by Chloroplaste Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Friday, July 12, 2019 11:18 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, July 12, 2019 11:27 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, July 12, 2019 11:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chloroplaste Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:56 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:26 PM
  • Might have to check this with our admin

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-my/exchange/troubleshoot/delete-calendar-items/store-reached-maximum-size

Indeed, I remember seeing on an extended audit log of our mailbox that when you change the subject of an email, it actually delete the email to create a new one with the new subject (at least it is what happen behind the scene). So, our recoverable item folder might be full.

Yes, very useful link!  This error normally related with storage quota of Recover Item folder, over-sized data file or a corruption of OST or PST files.

If this solves your issue, I'd like to recommend you mark your reply as answer so other users who have same questions could easily find useful reply here.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back. We are willing to help😊

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:10 AM