none
Issue with MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am usng MS Project 2010. I did high-light dosen of tasks using the background color feature.... then all of the sudden when I saved the file all the background colors went away and became white!

This has reoccured many times in the past even using different computers.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you posted you question for Project Online.

When using Project Server and Project Online, there are views defined in Enterprise Global. If you modify these views in any way, these modifications will be gone - since you may not overwrite the settings of these views. If you are using these "global views", you should get a message "edits will not be saved" when you try to add or remove a column. This is a quite good indicator for a user, if it is a "global view".

If this is the case, switch to a different view, which is a local one installed on your computer. The default "Gantt Chart" should be a good one, as long as no administrator has added it to Enterprise Global.

Or just do you modifications and save the version of this view with Tasks - open drop down Gantt Chart - Save view...

In this way, you will create a local copy which should keep your formatting.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:31 AM
  • Saving the background colors for cells is not supported in the 2010 version of Project Server - but it is supported in Project Online and Project Server 2013.

Best Regards | Power2Plan | https://www.power2plan.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:18 AM