none
Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have project 2010 licence but need to use 2007 version.  Is it possible to download that version?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:27 PM

All replies

• Yes you can instal both versions of the projects on your machine. But 2010 version of the software will become the default version for opening all future project files, however. You can refer to following blog for further help : http://blog.hinshelwood.com/can-i-run-two-versions-of-microsoft-project-side-by-side/

Sapna Shukla

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:35 PM
  • pitchester,

I'm not sure Sapna answered the question you asked. Yes you can download and install Project 2007 but you will have to purchase a license to do so. Your license for Project 2010 only covers that copy of that version, and that is true for any application - one license, one install.

Make sure you have SP1 installed for Project 2010 and once you get Project 2007 make sure you install SP3. Service pack updates can be downloaded from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.

John

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:23 PM
  • This is where licensing gets confusing. For safety you should confirm with Microsoft. However my understanding is you can buy a 2013 license now and use it for a 2007 or 2010 install. You may of course upgrade (don't think you can have 2007 and 2013 with the same license on the same PC) the install to 2013 whenever you like, the license staying with your PC. The idea is corporates can buy new licenses but have everyone on the same version (say 2007 or 2010) and then upgrade everyone at the same time when ready.

At one time you could also install on a laptop and your PC desktop provided you are the principle user of both computers.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Most of the licenses of Microsoft software will include a "downgrade version". This means that as long as you have a valid license of 2010, you can use 2007 instead but you should check this with your Microsoft representative or with your license manager.

Best regards,

Rene Alvarez

Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:11 AM