FCS Simple 5 Questions RRS feed

• Question

•  

I use FCS and I have some question.
    Please please solve these question.

1. Cannot the item only for UI of the client do setting in policy intensively?
    For example, it is an option of the real-time protection.

2. Even if do not let completely display Ui of the client?, and detect a virus more, can process it in Smart clean automatically.

3. Is there a problem without using fcslocalpolicytool for the computer of the work group when apply policy?
    Does fcslocalpolicytool do a special thing unless I apply a registry file?

4. Does the schedule scan work with a computer as a sleep state and a Hibernate state?

5., for the period of the report, can choose it only until 72 hours, but cannot display a report for a longer term than this?

thanks
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hello! 

Thanks for your questions - I'll try to cover them all

1. I'm not sure I understand this question exactly - are you looking to have the end-user not have UI access?  If so, you can control that via policy settings
    2. With the client UI locked-down, we still will display a few messages (required) when items are detected
    3. FCSlocalpolicytool.exe uses a .reg file exported from the console.  It creates a LGPO and applies the policy
    4. Scheduled scans do not wake a computer from hiberation (and probably sleep).  It a computer misses multiple scheduled scans, it will run a scan the next time it wakes up
    5. You should use the Historical reports which provide access to a much larger time window

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Thursday, September 6, 2007 2:10 PM