none
Subscription option gone for Intune with 8.1 Enterprise OS

Question

• We suddenly see that the option to purchase the Intune Subscription with Windows 8.1 Enterprise OS included is no more available.

Is there any information if there's a new way to purchase this combination of services and why is this license not available anymore?

Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That subscription option has been retired.  If you have that subscription currently you can continue to renew the subscription, but you cannot add more licenses.

If you need a new subsciption with Windows SA included please look at the ECS, Enterprise Cloud Suite located here:  http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/licensing-options/enterprise.aspx#tab=3

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That subscription option has been retired.  If you have that subscription currently you can continue to renew the subscription, but you cannot add more licenses.

If you need a new subsciption with Windows SA included please look at the ECS, Enterprise Cloud Suite located here:  http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/licensing-options/enterprise.aspx#tab=3

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:44 PM
  • I've been looking for an answer to this also..

The ECS is only suitable for organisations with more then 250 users. What about organisations that want SA for their desktop OS but only have say 50 users? What are their options?

Thanks

Matt

• Edited by Matt_Wade Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:35 AM corrected grammer
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:35 AM
  • Is there an answer to this? The organization I use this for has less than 25 users. Enterprise Agreement is pretty much a non-starter.
    Saturday, May 23, 2015 10:52 PM
  • Just noticed this myself today also. Was about to start a marketing campaign for upgrading XP machines for SMB customers that don't have the budget to buy new PC's (yes will need to be compatible hardware of course).

Very disappointed this has been retired. Was a good option for SMB.

Monday, May 25, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

since March 2015, the ECS is available also in open programs for organizations with more than 5 users.

contact your Microsoft reseller to purchase the ECS subscription license in Open.

thanks

diramoh

Monday, May 25, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Where can I find additional information about ECS in Open?

Thanks!

Julie

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

sorry, I'm confused the ECS with EMS (Enterprise Mobility Suite). the EMS is available in open programs since March, 2015. However,  the ECS is only for Enterprise Agreement customers.

the EMS through Open programs includes also the Microsoft Intune license. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/enterprise-mobility/products.aspx

thanks

diramoh

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:15 PM