none
Question: How to share projects within an organisation with Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A client of mine just bought an MS Project online O365 license for Office 365.

I have configured his license and migrated his office to the click to run installer.

Now he is working with the desktop 'fat' client and now want to share his projects with his colleagues.

The other users are in Office 365 but do not have the extra license due to the extra cost. 

I would like to give them 'viewer' capabilities of the project file without them buying an extra license or using external tools.

Can't they work in the Web App version ?

Thanks in advance for your information !

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If your colleague did publish his project on Project Online (the licence includes Project Online which has a web interface), the other users are able to view it but they do need a Project Online Essentials licence. Otherwise he can still share it in the old good ay: email, pdf, excel export...

See more details about licences here:

https://products.office.com/en-us/project/compare-microsoft-project-management-software?tab=tabs-1

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If your colleague did publish his project on Project Online (the licence includes Project Online which has a web interface), the other users are able to view it but they do need a Project Online Essentials licence. Otherwise he can still share it in the old good ay: email, pdf, excel export...

See more details about licences here:

https://products.office.com/en-us/project/compare-microsoft-project-management-software?tab=tabs-1

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:36 PM
  • Thanks for the answer !

I'll look into the pricing information.

This thread can be closed an i'll mark your answer as the thread answer.

Regards

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:31 AM