none
DPM 2010 Real time replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed DPM 2010 Server on.  I have protected two my file server particular c:\inetpub.

Is it possible to Server1 c:\inetpub sync with Server2 C:\inetpub with DPM 2010. OR Just only create a Recovery Point.

I heard realtime sync possible with DPM 2010. For this scenerio "Server1 c:\inetpub sync with Server2 C:\inetpub"

Please provide me solution if you have any ??

Thanks

Shailesh

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM is strictly a backup / restore solution, it has no feature to sychronize data "between" two protected servers.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, - for file protection, synchronizations are not considered recovery points, so you would need to schedule one or more recovery points per day and restore from them.  However, you can still do 15 minute synchronizations to keep the replica volume current, and if the event the protected server went south, you can just make a manual recovery point without synchronization and you can recover the data to the state of the last synchronization time, so basically within a 15 minute window.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM is strictly a backup / restore solution, it has no feature to sychronize data "between" two protected servers.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply....... so we can create a backup and restore through only recoverypoint ?? right...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, - for file protection, synchronizations are not considered recovery points, so you would need to schedule one or more recovery points per day and restore from them.  However, you can still do 15 minute synchronizations to keep the replica volume current, and if the event the protected server went south, you can just make a manual recovery point without synchronization and you can recover the data to the state of the last synchronization time, so basically within a 15 minute window.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:41 PM
  • hi....

thanks for your reply.............

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:22 PM
  • hi....

replication possible through DPM 2010 between two protected server... ?? For filestore...

Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:37 PM