Portal non stop spinning after clicking one of the review activities. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

we have Service Manager 2016 running on windows server 2016, and the service portal running on server 2016 as well with lots of system resources.

I am not sure what's causing this issue or why does it happen when clicking on some of the service requests, and is there a way around it without having to reboot servers or restart services:

any help with this is much appreciated as it's causing us lots of pain.

Thanks

HelpNeed

• Edited by InfraMGT Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:35 AM
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Whether reopening the portal can solve this issue?

You may open the task manager and check how many CPU and memory left. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:41 AM
  • what I noticed is that most of the time if I hit F5 or just refresh the windows somehow, it makes it go away, because it reopen on another item that's not RA, but once I click the RA again, I end up in the in same loop.

I don't know what you mean by how many CPU left, but I have 4 web servers running the portal and they are almost idle at all times so it doesn't seem to be system resources issue at this point, and its something with the application.

I am going to install roll up 3 today and will see if that fixes this issue and report back.

Thanks

HelpNeed

Friday, August 11, 2017 10:49 AM
  • RU3 didn't fix it so I am still looking for a solution for this issue.

Thanks

MJ

HelpNeed

Friday, August 11, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Two things to try:

• Recreate the template the Request Offering is built on.  I have had times when I had errors in the templates (like a bad enumeration ID) that causes this behavior.
    • Verify that the end user role has permissions to view all object types that the Request Offering references.  For example if you have  a Query Picker in the RO, make sure that the class the Picker is referencing is available to the end user role.

Good Luck

Rod

Friday, September 8, 2017 6:26 PM
  • Look at the event viewer and see if there is an error
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:39 PM