Office for Mac 2008 for Home & Office RRS feed

• Question

• I bought Office for Mac 2008 for Home & Office when I bought a Mac notebook in 2009. Can I load this program on a new Mac desktop computer?
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:20 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can.

Q1. How many times can the software be installed?

A1: A single product key for Microsoft Office for Mac can be used for the installation of Microsoft Office on one desktop computer for work purposes and one laptop for travel purposes, as long as both computers will not be using the software at the same time.   If either computer is replaced, the software can be removed from that computer and installed on the replacement computer (by using the same product key).   If the software has to be removed and reinstalled on a computer, the same product key can be used for the installation.

Quote from Office 2008 for Mac licensing frequently asked questions

For more questions about Office for Mac, we'd recommend you to visit the forums in Microsoft Community: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:40 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can.

Q1. How many times can the software be installed?

A1: A single product key for Microsoft Office for Mac can be used for the installation of Microsoft Office on one desktop computer for work purposes and one laptop for travel purposes, as long as both computers will not be using the software at the same time.   If either computer is replaced, the software can be removed from that computer and installed on the replacement computer (by using the same product key).   If the software has to be removed and reinstalled on a computer, the same product key can be used for the installation.

Quote from Office 2008 for Mac licensing frequently asked questions

For more questions about Office for Mac, we'd recommend you to visit the forums in Microsoft Community: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:40 AM
  • I also purchased via CD the Microsoft Office:mac2008. I have it on my imac.  I now have a Macbook Pro and I am unable to install the suite on it.  When I insert the CD and open the dmg file, it says I am not able to install the package on this computer. Why not, if I own it?

thanks

h

Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:00 PM